Australia’s civilian defence industry employs around 28,000 people in a wide variety of occupations and is critical to supporting Australia’s strategic defence capabilities.
The South Australian Government is making it easier for university students to enter a career in the state’s growing defence industry with the Premier’s Defence Industry Scholarship, which will allow student to access a scholarship or work placement to further their career goals in South Australia’s burgeoning defence industry.
A grant of up to $10,000 will be made available to each student for the duration of the placement and can be used to support expenses associated with your placement.
- Enrolled and undertaking third-year or honours year study in an eligible higher education degree
- Eligible degrees include science, engineering, technology, maths and business majoring in logistics and project management
- Must be resident in South Australia
- Must be an Australian citizen (a requirement to obtain an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency security clearance)
- Must not have been convicted of a criminal offence
- Must attend Flinders University, University of South Australia (UniSA) or the University of Adelaide
For more information on how to apply, click here.